Virginia Mason Teams with Resound Energy Services™ for Lighting Upgrade
Virginia Mason Medical Center is one of America’s leading medical centers. In addition to their primary hospital in Seattle, VMMC provides care throughout the Puget Sound Region through their network of clinics.
Resound Energy Services™ and VMMC started working together in mid-2012 with the goal of identifying opportunities at the Federal Way clinic to improve lighting efficiency and quality. Resound Energy Services™ developed and implemented a project for VMMC that removed nearly 2,000 T12 lamps from service!
In doing so, Resound Energy Services™ installed high-efficiency T8s in the clinic offices and
exam rooms which instantly provided uniform lighting conditions throughout all patient areas. Furthermore, LEDs were used to replace existing T12s in utility/engineering spaces as well as in the soffits that provide uplighting in the main atrium running the length of the ceiling of the clinic—creating an efficient, clean and dramatic look.
“There is a significant difference in both the quantity and quality of lighting. The soffits where the LEDs were installed look as if they had been freshly painted!”
— Don Larson, Director Engineering, CHFM
- Over 650 T12 fixtures converted to high-efficiency T8 lamp and ballast
- 124 fluorescent linear fixtures and 160 exit signs converted to LED
- The work was completed at night to minimize staff and patient impact
- Resound Energy Services™ managed the utility rebate process throughout—
from initial application to post-installation verification
- $15,098 in annual electric savings with a payback of 2.7 years!
- 62.2% of total costs covered by Puget Sound Energy rebate
- All work was completed on time and within budget